The Furry Chronicles Headline Animator

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Family History


Family History

This is going to make Nanna L flip in her grave, but our family history is we were sent out to Australia on the first two boats, courtesy of the British Government. Apparently it was an all expense paid trip. When I was younger, I thought they must have won a competition on TV.

My ancestors apparently had an issue with “some relocated stock”. Apparently the Great, Great, Great Grandfather ripped off (stole) some bread & the Great, Great, Great Grandmother swiped some potatoes.

So fuck me, as you can see, we were crims who moved major weight. It was rumoured that the two, actually never “really” married. This was of great concern to Nanna L as somewhere in the past, some one was illegitimate.

The other thing that was a “blight” on our good name was Poppa L’s dad. Apparently he was renown for running Burlesque Houses, SP Bookies (illegal bets), Sly grogging (making & selling booze & not paying taxes), and worst of all, Brothels.

It seems that the family wealth was gotten somewhat illegally. It was pissed against the wall by Poppa L’s father due to his major gambling habit. Nanna L was mortified whenever this history was mentioned.

Poppa L was one of the major influences in my life. In my eyes he was a great man. He was awarded the Oak Leaf in the Second World War. From what I’ve been told, there were less Oak Leaves awarded in WWII than the Victorian Cross.

You were nominated for the VC by your Commanding Officer, The Oak Leaf nomination was from your peers. Poppa L got his by rescuing his CO in Papua New Guinea.

As for my parents, and brothers, well that tie has been cut long ago. They have successfully pissed me off, to the point, they (in my eyes) are not worth the effort or further disappointments.

Was married at 25, and that marriage failed after 13 years. Occasionally the ex sticks her head up and causes me grief. I’m willing to admit, on occasions I’m wasn't exactly virginal (not a “little” bit to blame) either. There were times I felt that a yapping mutt just needs a good kick in the guts, but now if figure the Karma bus is gonna run over her dogma some day. So I really don't give a fuck anymore.

It wasn’t all bad though, I’ve got three beautiful kids from that marriage, their nick names are, Spud, Yarz & Els . Remarried only 2 years ago to PG, and as such, now have two step-children, Madam Mouse & LeeLee .

Do all the kids get on? Yeah, their just like any “normal” family, fighting & hating each other one second & involved in an all in blue in the park because some kids picked on one of the other kids. Go figure.

No comments: